Dutch Covenant of Mayors Club
The Dutch Covenant of Mayors Club, or Nederlands Covenant of Mayors netwerk, has been officially lauched on the 2nd of November 2011 at the national Climate convention or Klimaatcongres in Utrecht.
The Dutch Club has the following objectives:
- Support current signatories in achieving the 3x20 goals;
- Stimulate the exchange of knowledge and information between signatories;
- Lobby to highlight the importance of local authorities in local energy issues; they can be decisive forces in setting up local energy initiatives.
This can result in the creation of local jobs, local economic development and stimulate territorial and social cohesion.
- Get other key partners on board and stimulate cooperation between them and the local authorities;
- Offer tried and tested tools and methods to current signatories;
- Organise workshops, combined with regional meetings.
More information on the Dutch Covenant of Mayors Club: www.klimaatverbond.nl/netcom
Contact: Nienke Trap, Klimaatverbond, nienke.trap[a]klimaatverbond.nl
You want to discuss these issues further?
Subscribe here to the discussion list of the Dutch Covenant Club.
- Feedback from the ground on the Covenant of Mayors implementation in the Netherlands
- Leaflet: MOBILISING ALL ACTORS TO REACH THE 3X20