Italian Covenant Platform
The Italian Covenant Platform was launched on the 23th of June 2011, in Rome.
It is promoted by the “Tavolo di coordinamento nazionale del Patto dei Sindaci e dei Piani per il clima” that unites the most important networks in Italy working on local climate policies and signatories of the Covenant of Mayors.
It is therefore an ideal instrument to mobilise for and strengthen the Covenant of Mayors in this country.
Objectives of the Italian Covenant Platform:
- Help the Italian municipalities fulfil their commitments to the Covenant of Mayors;
- Create a national Platform to discuss measures and actions of key actors that further a low carbon territory on the local level;
- Promote the exchange of experiences among committed local and territorial authorities in the field of multilevel governance, document best practices and develop replicable models;
- Elaborate lessons learnt into proposals for the local actors and the national level;
- Promote a high level of quality of the Italian SEAPs and facilitate the post-SEAP process;
- Highlight the importance and the advantages of local energy policies in terms of innovative activities, creation of jobs, safety, robust economic development, reduction of fuel poverty and territorial and social cohesion;
- Promote actions in favour of the territorial dimension in the national energy policies and of the role of local authorities within the national and European policy.
More information on the Italian Covenant Platform.
Contact: Maurizio Zara, Climate Alliance, m.zara[a]climatealliance.it
You want to discuss these issues further?
Subscribe here to the discussion list of the Italian Covenant Platform.
- Leaflet: MOBILITARE GLI ATTORI PER RAGGIUNGERE IL 3X20