The French Covenant Club was launched on the 27th of October 2010 in Paris.
Objectives of the French Covenant Club:
- Help the French municipalities achieve their commitment to the Covenant of Mayors;
- Ensure that committed local authorities exchange experience among themselves both from political and practical points of view;
- Analyse the current situation and make proposals to the national and local level;
- Favour synergies among the diverse French initiatives (Energy and Territorial Climate Plans Plans, Cit’ergie) and the Covenant of Mayors.
The Alliance gathers all public, private and associative key actors who have a common interest towards demand-side oriented local policies and the use of renewable energy sources.
Objectives of the Alliance:
- Create at the national level, a Platform to discuss, prepare proposals of new actions and debates among key actors that favour increasing importance of the local energy policy by valuing potential local renewables sources.
- Highlight the importance and the advantages of local energy policies in terms of innovative activities, creation of jobs, safety, economic development, reduction of fuel poverty and territorial and social cohesion.
- Act so that the territorial dimension of energy is taken into account in the national energy policies and so that the role of local authorities within the national and European policy making is reinforced.
More information: www.energy-cities.eu/club-france
Contact: Sylvie Lacassagne, Energy Cities
You want to discuss these issues further?
Subscribe here to the discussion list of the French Covenant Club and Alliance for local energy.
- Feedback from the ground on the Covenant of Mayors implementation in France
- Leaflet: MOBILISER TOUS LES ACTEURS POUR ATTEINDRE LES 3x20